“Everybody wants to make a difference, but nobody is willing to be different.”- Andy Andrews
Hey everyone! I wanted to start today’s post by the Facebook post I posted today and expand on it a bit:
I just wanted to take a chance to explain to people why I’m not in school right now. This is in no way hateful just explaining my reasoning:
1. I never said I was done with school. Most people just assume. I actually want to go back to school, but going for a degree in something I don’t even know if I want to do at this point while getting myself in debt..seems pointless
2. I prayed to God whether or not he wanted me to stay in Florida and take a break from school while I took the time to get to know myself or move back to Indiana and finish my degree. My heart felt led to stay.
3. I just want to point out just because you have a degree doesn’t mean you are going to get a job in that degree. I’ve seen so many of my coworkers work their butt off in school and can’t even get a job in the field they want. They are working the same exact job as me. And they are brilliant people!!
4. I’m spending this time planning my future and working towards my goals. Which I’m doing a lot better now than when I was ever in school..just saying
5. People forget many successful people didn’t even go to college
6. I know I’m going to be successful. I’ve known since I was a kid I was meant to do great things. This isn’t me being full of myself. This is me saying I know it’s in my destiny. I feel it in my bones. It’s always been in me and I don’t need a college degree telling me I am because I know. (Which I’m still planning to get)
7. I’m going to go the path God leads me in even if others put me down. Remember they laughed at David until he knocked Goliath down
8. If you have to put me down in order to make yourself feel better..first of all that’s not nice and second I’ve never meet a successful person who tore others down excluding Simon Cowell or Gordon Ramsey (in which case are paid to do so)
9. Whatever I set my mind to I’ll accomplish. I proved that with losing 60lbs. You think I lost it easy? I dare you to have the same self discipline. Or even just one burpee
10. Learning is essential to life, but some lessons are meant to be lived outside of school
Lastly I just want to say I’m in no way against anyone going to school. I recommend it. But I would never force it down someone’s throat. Everybody’s journey is different. What works for some doesn’t work for others. Do what you feel called to do. Unless it’s illegal..then please don’t haha
“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”-Albert Einstein (a person who knew what he was talking about..obviously lol)
..And boom I’m back haha. I feel like sometimes I write blogs on my Facebook as I do here. I honestly just like writing about things that I think matter. That’s why I want to expand on it here.
Sometimes and what I mean by sometimes I mean at least 90% of the time in order to be successful you have to do something that might disappoint other people. In my case that has been taking a break from school. I’ve received judgement from people based on this and while I understand their point of view they are not walking the same journey as I am.
We are all meant to live incredible lives. Yet a lot of people miss out. You want to know why? They spend their whole lives trying to impress other people. You will never get to do those things if you just simply do what everyone else does. Because you are you. You aren’t designed to be like everyone else!
Some people act like that’s a bad thing. When in reality it’s beautiful! Who wants to be coal when you could be a diamond. Unless you are Cole Sprouse in which case then you’re rocking it and are mighty fine. 😉😘
Tonight I was shown this example by a cat. I was walking around the neighborhood and this friendly cat came up to me. You knew it’s intent. It wanted loving. So of course I stayed and pet it. It was so cute! I even got pictures of it.